Here’s a quick guide on my recommended Unity3D learning path. The idea is to guide people willing to learn how to create, develop and deploy Unity3D games.
- First Things First: Learning the Unity3D Basics.
- Unity3D Engine: Show me some videos.
- Game Development: Step by step tutorials.
- Networking: What is Unity3D Networking about.
If you take your time and complete the tutorials linked about you will have all the basic knowledge you need to start creating games in Unity3D.
In my opinion, the Uni3D engine is one of the most easy to learn, intuitive and robust tool I have had the pleasure to work with in my 7+ years of experience in the software development industry.
If you are hungry for more, make sure to check the following resources:
- Unity3D User Manual
- Unity3D Reference Manual
- Unity3D Scripting Reference
- Unity3D Resources and Example Projects
- Unity3D Wiki
- M2H Examples and Tutorials
And make sure to get involved in the Unity3D Engine Community:
Hope this helps you to get started and have fun with game development.